The New York Academy of Medicine’s Library is looking for a digital intern to work in the Library’s digital program. The internship will provide hands-on experience with creating and building digital collections, editing metadata for digitization projects, and conducting quality control of scanned images. The Intern will have an opportunity to learn about the digitization process and how to build digital collections.
We are looking for an intern who is imaginative and interested in learning more about developing digital collections and how metadata is used to enhance collections.
The internship is paid or may be taken for course credit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create digital collections on Islandora website
- Collect, edit, create and organize metadata according to standards
- Conduct quality control on scanned images and digital collections
Qualifications and Experience
- Familiarity with technology, digital collections, and/or digital humanities projects
- Experience with metadata schemas (e.g. MODS, Dublin Core, MARC, IPTC etc.)
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, and OCLC
- Coursework in Library and Information Science
Start Date: June 2018.
Hours: Approximately 10 hours a week for 12 weeks. Intern must be available 2 days per week between the hours of 10:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
Please forward cover letter and resume with “Digital Intern” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also outline your academic needs for obtaining course credit, if applicable. Deadline: May 18, 2018.