Support our mission of preserving and promoting the heritage of medicine and health by becoming a Friend of the Rare Book Room. Our Rare Book Room is home to some of our rarest and most significant holdings, forming the heart of our collections.
As a Friend of the Rare Book Room, you’ll join an engaged and intimate group, passionate about preserving our collections.
More than 550,000 books, manuscripts, archives, and illustrations form our extraordinary collections. We make our treasures freely available to scholars, researchers, and the general public alike. With their vast reach across medicine, public health, food and cookery, botany, anthropology, and myriad other subjects, our collections trace the development of medicine from its Greek roots through today. This legacy offers invaluable and fascinating insights into historical attempts to understand health and illness, as well as illuminating today’s critical issues.
By becoming a Friend of the Rare Book Room you’ll support our public programs and outreach activities; the acquisition, conservation, and cataloging of remarkable historical materials; and digitization of our key treasures.
$75 – Friend / $50 – Student Friend
• Discounted prices for public events
• Invitations to Friends events and programs (discounted for student Friends)
• Reception following the annual Friends lecture
• Acknowledgment in our website and annual report
$200 – Contributor
All Friends benefits, plus
• A tote bag featuring an image from the collections
$650 – Supporter
All Contributor benefits, plus
• An exclusive set of note cards featuring breathtaking images from our collections
$1,200 – Malloch Circle Member
All Supporter benefits, plus
• Invitation to exclusive events, including meet the speaker opportunities, private tours of collections and notable exhibitions
$2,500 – Malloch Circle Patron
All Malloch Circle Member benefits, plus
• Free entry (with a guest) to all Friends programs and festivals
• A private lunch with our curator and historical reference librarian
$5,000 – Vesalius Circle Partner
All Malloch Circle Patron benefits, plus
• Adopt a rare book needing conservation; acknowledgement in a bookplate
• A private tour, with up to six guests, of the rare book room focused on your individual interests
$10,000 – Vesalius Circle Benefactor
All Vesalius Circle Partner benefits, plus
• Host a cocktail reception for up to fifteen guests at NYAM with special support from our events team
For more details about Friends programs throughout the year contact Arlene Shaner at email@example.com.
Our Friends ensure the vitality of our library and our collections.